Business VoIP Service Providers Comparison
A business VoIP solution enables any business
to make calls over the internet and get rid of costly traditional
telephone lines. There are many business VoIP
providers to choose from in North America and each one will convincingly
tell you that they offer the best price, features and support. That is
definitely not the case though.
Whatever your background (VoIP newbie, tech savvy, or just wanting to save money), WhichVoIP can
both educate you, and help you start saving with business VoIP. Follow these 3 steps to paying up to 80% LESS on your phone bills.
- Learn more about business VoIP service, its benefits and the business case for VoIP.
- Research business phone solutions and service providers that best fit your needs.
- Get FREE, no obligation, pricing quotes to compare and get the best price available!
Step 1: Learn more about Business VoIP services and benefits
A quick glance overview of VoIP versus traditional phone service:
VoIP Solutions for Businesses
- No setup fees, no installation fees
- Self manage using secure online portal
- Simultaneous calls, 1 LAN connection
- Vast features and tech integration
- Great portability and flexibility
- HD digital voice quality
Traditional Phone Service
- Expensive equipment and installation
- Service person required to manage
- Circuit switched technology, 1 call/line
- Limited features/integration included
- No portability & limited flexibility
- Standard telephone quality (analog)
For more detailed information read the VoIP business case guide.
Step 2: Research solutions and business VoIP providers
Some reasons why you need to do some research when selecting a VoIP solution and provider:
- There are many companies that provide VoIP phone services to business clients in today's market. You want to make sure you select a reputable provider that will last over time and avoid fly-by-night providers.
- Different solutions may need to be considered based on your company size (e.g. number of employees using the business phone system).
- Different solutions may need to be considered based on your existing equipment set-up (e.g. on-premise PBX, in-house IT group etc.).
- Some service providers can be more focused on a certain size of business (e.g. their service/system is optimized for a certain employee size range).
Finding the right VoIP solution for your business
Use the following list to help navigate to the most appropriate VoIP solution based on your business size and needs:
- If you are a Small Office / Home Office (SOHO) and are looking for 1 or 2 lines max then consider the SOHO VoIP solution.
- If you are a small to medium sized business (3-100 employees), or a SOHO looking to expand then consider the Hosted PBX solution, or small business VoIP solution.
- All business sizes (typically larger though) may be interested in the on-premise IP PBX phone system solution if an on-premise (PBX) solution already exists.
- If you are looking for SIP trunking services, or want to know more about what SIP trunking is, then consider the SIP Provider solutions.
- We can help with the equipment side also. It is most likely that
you will need to purchase new phones and these can be expensive.
Check out our
phone price comparison chart before making any purchase and
ensure you are getting a good deal. In addition, refer to the VoIP Hardware section for
more purchasing information.
- Looking for origination or termination of wholesale minutes. Refer to the wholesale VoIP solutions section for more information and provider choices.
Research providers that service businesses like yours
Use our comparison table opposite to research providers, including price,
customer reviews and plan highlights. We have more than 1,000 user submitted reviews for business
Recent user submitted review
- RINGCENTRAL | | MAY 21st, 2013
"Excelent Value & Great Service"
The customer service
is excellent when
you call. They
answer the phone in
just a few rings.
Once in a while I
have to wait for a
Step 3: Get FREE pricing quotes to compare
The bottom line is that switching to VoIP will save your business money...period. The amount of savings will depend on your current phone system set-up, your current service providers charges and which service provider you switch too. No matter the size of your business, whether a sole proprietor or a 100+ employee business, getting multiple pricing quotes for comparison is a must. Here are some reasons why you should get VoIP service quotes:
- Pay up to 80% LESS on your business phone bills compared to traditional phone services. See the savings for yourself.
- Getting comparison quotes encourages providers to compete harder for your business, which means you get their lowest prices (they know they are competing with others).
- Save time by getting immediate service from pre-qualified providers with just a single form submission.
- Avoid fly-by-night VoIP providers. We partner with industry leading and established service providers only.
- Get matched to VoIP providers that best service your company size (some providers service niche markets).
- Getting quotes is completely FREE to you with absolutely no obligation. Just complete one simple form to get started.
For more information read this article on why getting free pricing quotes makes business sense.
The VoIP business case
The business case for
switching to a Voice over IP solution is not a difficult one to justify due to the many benefits and
advantages that this technology and service can bring to an
organization. In saying that, there is always some cost involved in
switching to a new technology, and where there is an expense, it is
likely that a nice proposal or presentation will be required to senior
management to explain why VoIP is worth it. If you are trying
to justify making this change in you organization, or need some
convincing yourself, please review this list of benefits of a business internet phone service (VoIP):
- Replace that old circuit switched PBX. This is the
monster piece of equipment that lurks in your telecom closet. You no
longer need it with business VoIP solutions so you can eliminate
any cost that is currently associated with it.
- Start using your local area network (LAN) to route calls both
internally and externally over the internet. This is possible
because voice over IP is a digital packet switched technology so the
voice traffic can be encapsulated in digital packets. This will make
a huge difference in your monthly telecom costs as you are no longer
using the public switched telephone network for your external calling
- Make low cost or free national or international inter-office
calls. Use the company WAN (Wide Area Network) for your calls.
Simply dial an access number for a particular site and then dial the
local number. Your call no longer has premium calling charges
associated with it and can quite often be FREE.
- Improve productivity by accessing the vast array of features
that are enabled by VoIP and IP based phones. Some examples are easy
conference calling and virtual office functionality. The virtual
office functionality alone should increase productivity as it allows
flexibility in the location where an employee can work.
- Motivate existing
telecom personnel by training them in this new technology and
expanding their skill set into networking. For
companies that are evaluating on premise solutions and not a
here for more info on business phone systems.
- Easy and quick adds, moves and changes for employees.
Author: Tony Campbell
Free Provider Pricing and Comparison
- Do your own comparison research using the table below.
- Compare pricing, read user reviews and more.
||Plan Highlights & Specials
- Amazing service
- Highly rated provider
- No setup fees/contracts
- Unmatched features
- Special: get FREE month
- No contract/setup fees
- Unlimited calls
- Most reliable service
- Trusted by 300K+ Cust.
- Free setup & activation
- Unlimited Calls, Fax & SMS
- No risk 30-day trial
- Top cust. satisfaction
- Unlimited calling
- Premium features
- No contracts
- Unlimited Calling
- Live support 7-days/week
- Smartphone apps included
- Carrier grade platform
- Coverage in Canada & USA
- E911, Toll Free, LNP
Why use WhichVoIP?
Since 2005, WhichVoIP.com has helped educate millions of users about VoIP technology and helped thousands of businesses save up to 80% on their phone bills by switching to
a business VoIP solution.
Over the years we have forged partnerships with many of the industry leading service providers in the small to medium business (SMB)
Voice over IP industry. This enables us to provide you prompt and FREE, no obligation, comparison quotes for all of your Business
phone service needs. Fill in one simple form to get free pricing quotes, it takes only 1 minute to complete the form. (Your Privacy is very important to us and we will only use your details to facilitate the quoting process.)
If you are a provider, check out our advertising options.
Learn more with our popular articles and blogs
WhichVoIP has created many articles
to help those who want to learn more about Voice over IP phone service technology and how it can impact a business. The
list below provides just some of the more popular articles available to you free of charge. Refer to the articles index page for more.
The list below is a summary of some recent articles posted in our blog. We update our blog several times per week with insightful posts about providers, key features, and relevant industry news to name a few.
Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed
If you are not quite ready to switch to a VoIP solution for your business but want to stay informed about any special deals or any significant VoIP news then sign up for our newsletter today. Our newsletter is low frequency and often includes exclusive special deals from service providers.