A new report from Infonetics Research shows strong growth in the VoIP services market. Some of the key highlights:
- $58 billion global revenue in 2011 for business and residential VoIP service.
- Hosted VoIP and Unified Communication seats expected to double between 2012 and 2016
- Revenue for SIP Trunking grew by over 100% in 2011
- 178 million residential/SOHO subscribers in 2011
- T1 lines are still the most commonly used trunking service.
- No single provider dominates the SIP Trunking space
SIP Trunking provides a way to connect your IP PBX (IP based voice calls) to the outside world. Rather than taking the expensive option of connecting to the PSTN directly you can pass the calls as IP traffic across your Internet connection to a SIP Trunking service provider, who is responsible for routing calls to and from the PSTN. this results in significant cost savings as your calls spend most of the time as Internet traffic rather than circuit switched traffic across the PSTN. For more information, consult our SIP Trunking section.
For full details of this informative report, visit Infonetics Research.